Look before you slip
Slips are often caused by wet surfaces, spills or weather hazards like ice or snow. Slips are more likely to occur when you’re wearing the wrong kind of shoes, hurrying or not paying attention to what’s in front of you or the condition of the floor.
You can help avoid slips by following these safety precautions:
- Wear shoes with appropriate non-slip soles. Shoe should be replaced when soles (particularly the heels) are worn.
- Walk carefully, always being alert of floor or ground conditions.
- On slippery surfaces, you should take slow, short steps with your toes pointed out at a 45-degree angle and the weight of your body over the front half of your feet, not the heels. Your posture should be like that of a penguin, nature’s experts at walking on ice.
- Keep your workplace clean. Don’t let grease accumulate on surfaces, especially floors, stairs or other walking surfaces. Be cautious while walking on recently mopped or waxed floors. Also be aware of rugs or loose carpeting.
- Clean up or report spills right away. Even small spills can be dangerous.
Trips Safety Tips
Trips occur when your foot catches on something and causes you to stumble or fall.
To prevent trip hazards:
- Always look in the direction you are walking. Avoid distractions such as looking at cell phones and carrying large objects that obstruct your view.
- Keep work areas and walkways well lit, especially at night.
- Keep the workplace neat and clean. Store materials and supplies in their appropriate place, out of walkways and off the floor.
- Arrange furniture and office equipment so that it doesn’t obstruct walkways or pedestrian traffic.
- Keep loose cables, wires or cords out of walkways. If not possible, consider carpet cord covers or plastic cable covers for hard surfaces.
- Properly maintain walking areas. Alert a supervisor or maintenance staff regarding potential hazards.
- Identify then fix or mark obstructions and uneven surfaces.
Falls Safety Tips
To avoid falls, consider the following:
- Wear shoes with appropriate non-slip soles. Shoe must be replaced when soles (particularly the heels) are worn.
- Keep passageways and aisles well-lit and clear of clutter.
- Identify then mark and warn others of edges and floor openings.
- Always use the stairs. Don’t jump off landings or loading docks.
- Maintain two points of contact while going up or down stairs.
- Repair or replace stairs or handrails that are loose or broken.
- Make slow, wide turns around corners to avoid running into objects or other people.
For More information
click the link from WSHC website
Ensure safe Consultancy Pte Ltd is conducting Safety courses
Few ways to register the course as below
firstname.lastname@example.org | Call Us: 96805878 | www.ensuresafe.sg
Click below and check the link
Course schedule details :https://youtu.be/9VnIXewU5gM
Course Registration : https://www.ensuresafe.sg/course-registration/