Working at Height (WAH) incidents has been a main concern over the years as it accounts for more than half of the workplace fatalities in Singapore. As work at height is conducted in many workplaces, the National Work at Heights (WAH) Taskforce has recommended several initiatives to help reduce WAH accidents. From these initiatives, industries will better understand the regulations and comply with the law while working safely at height.
What is Work at Height?
Work at height is defined as work:
- in an elevated workplace from which a person could fall,
- near a floor opening through which a person could fall,
- near an open edge over which a person could fall,
- on a fragile surface through which a person could fall, or
- in any other place (whether above or below ground) from which a person could fall from one level to another and the person or other person would be injured due to the distance of the fall.
Work at height can result in serious workplace injuries and even death if the necessary safety measures are not in place.
To know more visit us http://www.ensuresafe.sg/training-courses/